Saturday, May 08, 2010

Bursting flames of Stress...

hmmm..first week of my new life..nothing too different, except the fact that i'm just no longer a student anymore...what makes it more real for me is when i went to uni to complete and send in the "Completion Form" yesterday, they took back my student I.D. , which means i can no longer enjoy students rates tickets...kinda sad la...but what to do...the most challenging part is the teachings on mondays...well i guess it was rather alot of info to cope with coz all are sitting for exams, but not ABRSM board, instead its Triniti board, which i totally know nuts bout it..but thanks to a few new student, they tell me what and how the previous teacher teach them so i can continue the progress...and i really wanna thank the previous teacher who taught them...thank you so much for the student progress report that u have made for me..i makes taking over the students an easier task...but still i think i dont really know how to handle the special student..well its my first time experiencing this..and i really wish i can know how to cope with it as soon as i can..so monday is coming again..i'm scared...really...hahaha...

okay..actually i wanted to talk blog about something two weeks back..well i was really busy with my grad recital..and lets recap..things werent that pretty back then when so many things happened at a time..its a lil too much to take at one time..let alone digesting it and solving it...i think i was in a huge deal of stress, talk about high level of stress that i was coping at that time..so right after my recital..i had to rushed over to Hartamas to teach, then rushed over to Chinese Assembly Hall for concert rehearsals...that day was really a crazy day for me..no time to stop and think or look..just keep going and going and going...imagine i had bi tapaoed maggi goreng for me around 4 something..but i only had the time to eat in the car around 6 something while on our way to the rehearsals location...and i think since there i started to let loose..then i started to feel that my throat itch..and the next thing i know when on the way home from rehearsals...i fell sick...flu, cough, throat ithcy, fever...everything...but i thought it was just the aircond that made me feel sick so i didnt bother much that night..the next day..went out with Chloe and bi to kai kai and lunch...you can basically see my sick face...and i almost lost my voice...at such a crucial time that i have concert that night and the next...i took panadols to suppress the sickness..and went for the concert..at first i decided not to perform coz i have quartet the next day...weighing the importance..but in the end i felt better and so i went for it...but after concert ended..i was sick..i guess it didnt went away..what went away was the panadol effect...so my frens got me something to eat coz i didnt take dinner due to the late lunch and fever..i only had a butter bun, marble cake and milk...and i went to bed early while they went supper...and Jo was so kind to give me her bottle of honey..i need to have a good throat to be able to sing that night...and chloe kept making me honey drink...and she made me down 500ml of it at one go..hahaha...so the next day..bi was upset with me for not wanting to go to the doctors...but in the end i went coz i didnt get any better..after med i rested awhile before going to the concert venue...i felt better..but throat wasnt any good...i tried my very best to sing...i couldnt hit the right pitch..i'm outta pitch for the first time...and no voice..but i hope it was ok...mom brought her ex colleagues and the family to support...was extremely happy...and bi...why you tell my mom that i was sick...so overall it was alright..

then the next day gotta teach the entire day..so was on sunday...after teaching..i came back home.pack up some stuff..met up with my now employer...then off i went..to Terengganu...i swear to you sunday has never been better that day...i loved it...

you gotta handle your stress carefully..suitable amount of stress will drive you to success, but over stress only makes you break down...i'm sure everyone of us will have our own stress, things to be worried about that need to be taken care of...but do find time to unwind urself..destress...afterall..we're humans..not robots...we'll break down one day if we dont let loose..


p.s.: thank you so much to Jo, Chloe and Simli, especially Bi for taking care of me when i was sick...=) love you all..muahz..=D


good day everyone...=)
more working days for me...wish me luck..=)

No comments: