Sunday, February 01, 2009

Chances are slippin away...

its the last day of cny holiday for me...2mr gotta g back to my routined life filled with classes and assignments and stress...bah...i'm getting abit too lazy rite now...


CNY '09

as usual..went back to melacca..but this time round only stayed for a nite as my dad start work very early for this year...


after dinner of the eve,dad brought us out to melacca town..after praying at the famous temple,we went to jonker street..


jonker street...still not crowded as it was raining at the moment...










along the street..




thats my bro on the left..lol




i find this pub very special...and cute..so i took a pic of it...




at the river bank of the Melacca straits...




the Menara Taming Sari...is a ride actually...





can see my bro taking pictures again...





the ship is a museum..and towards the right side..is the Eye of Msia..shifted over to Melacca
btw...see the blast of lights near the river bank...its the Pesta Tanglung..




when we got into the pesta tanglung...i just stared around in disbelieve...this is kids' toy!!!and they spend 1 mil to do all these nonsense...





caterpillar and ant...=.=''











the mini replica of the A Famosa





some dragon..it keeps me wonder..why a dragon??its not even the year of dragon...





a closer view at the museum..its funny that i never been to this museum at all despite i've been to melacca countedless of times...





a mini replica of the Eye of Melacca maybe???or the Eye of Msia?? this is so damn sad ok...





back to jonker street for some local food..and this is the shop




people are queeing up you see..so that food cant be that bad..lol





me and my mom went inside to get us a table..so imma show you around the shop











some old portraits...maybe its a reproduction...people nowadays can do wonders..





my dad came back with 3 bowls of Cendol!!!yummy





look at the generous amount of gula melaka..heaven i'm telling you!!!and another important thing..iits best to eat a bowl of cendol with a metal spoon..somehow its tastier that way...hahaha






yummy!!!i'm starting to drool over this cendol even only by the looks of it..hahah





and my bro came back with some laksa





my nyonya chicken laksa..this is damn good!!! very lemak but you wont get jelak with the taste..






this is Nyonya asam laksa..it was alrite for me..





went back to the stage area...can you see the fireworks??






some host doing live telecast...





dance performance














at first mom said she wanna stay back for the entire performance..but it started to rain again and its getting heavier..so we went back eventually...
was watching tv..suddenly the whole house got tripped..we tried to check the currant of electricity..and soon..the whole house is outta electricity..and it was just 5 mins after 12am..what a good start for a new year..went out to see whats happeneing..moments later...the firemen arrived..and only to know that one of the connecting cables broken from the pole..so a few houses is outta electricity..they said its gonna take at least 4 hours to fix it..so i went back into the house..worry gonna get bitten by mosquitos..but in the end..i got badly bitten by mosquitos..and i went back into our room..dozed off without realising...the next thing i know it was already the next day..it seems that the electricity got back at around 6.35 in the morning


Chor Yat


all lazying around the house watching tennis..





my cousin





her bro...which was too shy to take photo..










playing around with my bro's dslr





here comes the lion dance












rite now i'm so lazy to put caption...























suddenly....





i was showered with vegies..didnt see that one coming at all..kinda shocked..hahah




















bye bye lang sai...all in it only took lil bit more than 5 mins.





pamelo,mandarin oranges and vege...


last tuesday and wednesday..was at grandma's place the whole day...wednesday..after some visitng..went out with victor...to One Utama..its been so long since the last time i went there...

thursday..drove back to cheras for aural class..hanged around in condo..had lunch with rui...supposed to meet up with someone..but last minute canceled plan..1st time driving down to midvalley..almost hit someone's car...seriously hate myself..why can i be so clumsy and careless....so i went to the movies with rui and her cousins at midvalley..we watched The Wedding Game..after movies went to The Gardens for xiao loong paos..after dinner..got a phone call from mom saying that they're going to visit my childhood baby sitter...so i told her that i'll hang around at rui's and gonna join her later...so went back to rui...gambling session again...and i've learnt to play "ngau"...hahaha

friday..drove out to visit my piano teacher...drove home...went out for lunch with mom and bro...did some visiting...came home, freshen up and off i went to rui's again...her cny open house..this year its kinda different than before...not having ling around..and some things have changed...eddy left early coz needed to drive up to ipoh to meet his gf...the others all stayed back and another gambling session...we played police and thief too..in the end i drank more than i should...so i stayed back to rest for awhile..but in the end..i decided to stay at her place..ahaha..so more gambling session with rui's cousins, played fireworks..and i got burnt...and dunno when i lost my antique-looking ring..sigh...tried to look for it but no chance of finding it back..i kept losing stuff lately...hate myself..and of all things to go missing..i lost my ring..its like my good luck charm..and i've lost it...

saturday..drove home..rest abit,freshened up..packed up my things and off i left for cheras again...performance at Istana Budaya that nite..and i followed laiyee's car down..

it started to rain upon us reaching Istana Budaya..the rain was so heavy...by the time i got into Istana Budaya..i was already half wet...i didnt bring extra slippers as i was lazy to bring more things..so i wore the heels for performing use..and it was soaked throughout...my jacket was wet..my pants were wet too..and the aircond there was really cold...it was a miracle that i didnt fall sick after the performance..


in the dressing room





laiyee..she looked so relaxing..hahaha





i love the mirror with the lights all around it...how i wish i have such dressing table of my own back in my own house one day..hahaha






the usual camwho sessions la..haha



was there since 1pm..lots of practise..rehersals and whats not...went down for dinner around 5 something..went back up to our dressing room to get dressed up and did our own make up...




some still busying around.ahahah





our dressing room...





just for us..=)




clarrise, bee theng (my vocal teacher), and Yen Lin



















lai yee, clar, and yee fen





connie, yen lin, yee fen, bee theng, and lai yee



texted some people to asked them to watch us live on Astro Ria..but kinda got the time wrongly...we predicted that we'll be performing around 10pm..but around 9.30pm one of the back stage crew came to get us to bring us down to get ready...


our entrance was a grand one i think..coz part of the stage will sink down to basement..and will bring us up to the stage..like those celebrity concerts u see in Hongkong's "Hoong Gun"..haha..and once our head starts to emerge...the cameras from the medias start flashing away..hahah...what an experience...


here's the link to the song that we performed the other nite..its the same song..but this clip was recorded during a competition in Suzhou, China..



last pic before we left...






hope that there will be more performing chances for Dithyrambic..=)


back at home...


suddenly got the mood to camwho while lazying around on my bed..hahah





BANG!!!!! dont come messing with me..dont say i didnt warn you...=p






ahhh..dunno what to say bout this pic..hahah






see the small bump on my 2nd finger...got the burnt from fireworks...it hurts terribly that time just rite after i got burnt..my whole finger was blazing hot...and i kept putting ice on it...






see the red spot on the nail of my 3rd finger?? i was waiting for traffic lights to turn green when i was on my way to visit my teacher..and i was rummaging my handbag for my lipbalm...i poked my hand into my bag really quickly and suddenly i felt a terible pain..took out my hand to see that blood came gushing out from the inside of my nails...i've got a cut under my nails...so rare...i'm so clumsy and careless that i keep hurting myself all the time...luckily it was all small things that doesnt hurt any other people..if not..i think i better stay at home...lol




woke up really late on sunday morning as i was really tired...funny that i didnt do much on saturday...and by the end of the day..i got home feeling really exhausted..haha..woke up and got a message from my president of the choir..telling me that we got into the papers..1st page..so i went online to search for it..cant help but kept laughing upon seeing myself...all the other's emotions was really portraying the feeling of scared, and terrified..but when i see myself..it was as if i had a very terible stomach upset..hahaha....but anyhow..i'm very happy coz i got to enter the papers..front page and in a big picture..hahaha

went out to get a copy of the newspaper for own keepings...searched high and low for it lo..ahha




look at my stomach-upset emotions..hahaha
you can take a look at the online papers...link given below..
http://www.utusan.com.my/utusan/info.asp?y=2009&dt=0201&pub=Utusan_Malaysia&sec=Muka_Hadapan&pg=mh_02.htm

went out for lunch with bro...then did some visiting..and we went to pyramid to shop for handphones...if no changes..i'll be able to get my new handphone soon..*happy*..but i'm actually buying it myself..*not so happy anymore..*


and i did some shopping...got myself a pair of white shorts and a pink short dress...





okay i guess its time to list down my new year resolutions..although i did mentioned that i dont really believe in such thing as i cant keep them at all..so why bother making one..right??but this time round..imma really make sure that i'm going to stick really close to it...
1) study hard, work hard...play hard...but try to cut down on clubbing sessions already...
2) stop shopping...unless its something that i really need to buy...
3) save more..spend less...i still owe my bro money...=(
4) spend more time practising my piano, and vocal...violin especially...coz according to my mom..not ready to take exams means i'm lazy....(what kinda reason is that???!!!)
i've changed my header...what you guys think???do leave a comment yea..would like to know what are ur opinions...
so i guess thats about it...gonna update the list if i have something new in mind....hahaha
til the next post...toodles...
muahzmuahz...=)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't really like your current header lo...it's too huge la..hahaha...I think you in the pic was ok. But the pillow spoil the whole picture la!!! Hahahaha....

And hey!!! You got a new hp already?? Which model did u manage to get!!?? Update update leh!!! Excited leh!! Hahaha.....I want a new hp too!!!!

And I am so proud of you lo!!! You are on the papers!!! Hahahaha...Looking forward to see more YOU in the newspapers ya? MUAX!! love u!!

Clarrise HueyHsiang said...

haha...but i think this current header is much better than before..i like how i look in this pic more than the one before..i know its abit too big la..you should see other pics..even bigger..hahaha...gonna use it til we go vic's condo to swim and take pic lo...you mind??hahha

hmmm not gonna reveal much bout the hp...all i can say is that its nokia..and its a slide hp..will update bout it once i really get it in my hands..=)


haha i'm only lucky coz i can join dithyrambic, learn so many things, and participate in such events...impossible i can enter the papers alone..unless i kill someone..hahahah..yea 'seng lei guai yin"..hopefully will get more chance to perform lo..hahaha